1. Come up with a coherent beach ‘look’. To look truly glamorous for the beach, it’s not just your swimwear itself that you need to consider. Think about coverups, sunglasses and sarongs, and make sure that they all match your swimming costume and work with the overall ‘look’ that you’re trying to portray. Look for a pair of flip-flops or sandals that match it all, as well, and perhaps even consider those jelly shoes you probably had as a kid adult versions do exist, and the ability to get them wet with no recourse is invaluable.
2. Enhance what you love, but also flatter what makes you feel self-conscious. Don’t just hide what you don’t like improve it. If you’re self-conscious about your legs, find beach shoes with a bit of a heel and look for other ways to flatter them. If you don’t like the size of your bust, look for swimsuits with padding and support that will make you feel all the better about the way you’re presenting your body. The idea is to feel as fabulous as possible, and that rarely happens by hiding yourself away.
3. Try a new kind of style you’ve avoided in the past. If you’ve never tried wearing a bikini before, this summer is the perfect time to start looking for one you love no matter what you look like or are worried about. If you’ve always stuck to sporty, practical swimsuits, think about finding one with a little more pizazz to help you feel beach glam in minutes.
4. Invest in some waterproof makeup to keep looking good all day. Waterproof foundation and mascara, teamed with a long-stay lipstick in a light and beachy color, are more than enough to help you feel great about the way you look all day long and without feeling like you should be touching up in the mirror every ten minutes. Just put it all on and forget about it!
5. Don’t forget to consider your beach hairstyle. A large flower clip, for example, sets off beachy waves wonderfully. You could also consider curling your hair, which is a lovely idea considering that the salty air will actually help to set the curls in place. Whatever you decide, you want something that will be low maintenance and not annoy you during the day you’re there to relax, remember?
This article is copyright protected.