When a man is trying to maintain excellent member care and keep his tool looking and feeling great, he has a small arsenal of things that help him do so. In addition to a good manhood health crème and a dedicated cleanser meant for his sensitive skin, a man should also have a healthy collection of protective devices to help ensure he never goes without one during a sensual encounter.
Protective devices not only protect against unwanted pregnancy, but also against partner shared infections that could wreak havoc on a man’s manhood and his life in general. But there are many facts about protective devices that men don’t know, and that can drastically decrease their effectiveness. Here’s what a guy must know about the rubber he uses for his manhood during those intimate encounters.
1) Use a protective device every time. This means every single time, not just when it feels as though a partner might be “risky.” The only exception to this rule is in a truly monogamous relationship where there is a deep trust, and both partners have been tested and found to have a clean bill of health.
2) Store them properly. Never carry a protective device in the wallet, and don’t keep them in the car. The heat from the vehicle, as well as the pressure from the wallet and the body heat when wearing it close, can affect the quality of the material. Protective devices should be carried only in the pocket for brief periods of time.
3) Watch the expiration date. Protective devices really do expire! They lose their effectiveness after the expiration date on the package. The last thing a man wants is a malfunctioning device, or one that has a smaller percentage of effectiveness.
4) Just use one of them. Though it might be tempting to “double up” on device use by wrapping the manhood in two of them at a time, that’s not a good idea. That leads to added friction on both protective devices, which can cause them both to fail. However, it’s also important to consider that if a man is tempted to double up, should he be coupling with that person anyway?
5) Learn to use them properly. Protective devices roll down one way; don’t try to roll them the other way. Squeeze the reservoir tip shut as the protective device is rolled down, to help hold the seed inside it. Use it only when the manhood is fully hard and ready, and roll the protective device all the way down, to help ensure that it covers the entire shaft and thus provides the best possible protection.
6) Never use them more than once. It’s not okay to use a protective device for a second round. It’s designed to withstand a single use, not repeated ones. Besides that, removing the protective device and then putting it back on allows bodily fluids to move to places they shouldn’t be, thus rendering the protective device practically useless.
7) Don’t spread the wealth. If a man is moving between different entrances of the body – for instance, going from “typical” to backdoor pleasure – he should use a different device each time. This is the for the partner’s benefit, to help decrease the risk of infection. If a man is lucky enough to be in bed with more than one partner, he should always use a different device for each partner, to help avoid the spread of bodily fluids and potential infections.
8) Novelty protective devices are for entertainment only. Protective devices that have vivid colors, flavorings of sorts, or even those that glow in the dark should be seen as entertainment items, and used as such. Never rely on them as if they were a “real” device.
9) Always use a water based creme. Oil-based cremes can break down the latex in the typical protective device, so reach for creme that has water as a base. It’s always a good idea to use a bit of creme to help reduce friction and make sure the protective device will last.
10) Remove the protective device immediately. Once the fun is done, remove the device. Do this while the manhood is still hard; going soft can make the device slip off inside a partner, and that can negate the safety the protection gave everyone involved.
Taking Member Care to a New Level
In addition to using protection to help ensure a healthy manhood, a man can reach for a high-quality manhood health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) to ensure his skin stays as smooth and healthy as possible. Look for a crème that contains a multitude of vitamins, such as A, B5, C and D, as well as alpha lipoic acid and other ingredients that ensure a healthy manhood.
Visit http://www.menshealthfirst.com for additional information on most common manhood health issues, tips on improving sensitivity and what to do to maintain a healthy member. John Dugan is a professional writer who specializes in men’s health issues and is an ongoing contributing writer to numerous websites.