Pain the hips are quite common but it may come from a wide variety of medical problems, health experts say. The problems in the hip joint are one reason why there is pain in the hips, according to the Mayo Clinic staff. This may be managed through the help of medications, exercise and surgery but the treatment options depend on the severity of the problem. There are some types of hip pain that may be relieved by simple remedies and may not need to be taken to the doctor. However, if these simple remedies do not have an effect, then it is time to see the doctor for proper evaluation.
Simple solutions that may relieve hip pain are as follows:
– Take a rest. Sometimes the pain may just be a result of continued use of the joints especially when bending repeatedly. Lying down may help decrease the pain because it relieves the hip from the pressure.
– Loss some weight. The hip and knee joints bear and support most of the weight. Being overweight or obese may lead to joint damage as it adds pressure to the joints. Losing a few pounds will bring relief to the discomfort.
– Warm or cold compress. A warm bath or shower may help unloosen the tight knots of muscles in the body. It may also help to apply something cold on the hip area to relieve the pain.
– Exercise. There are certain exercises that may relieve aching muscles and strengthen the joint. Walking is one the recommended exercise for men and women with hip pain.
– Over the counter pain relievers. Medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen sodium and acetaminophen may be taken when the pain is not responding well to other non-pharmacologic treatments.
These simple solutions may bring relief to the aching hips and may be done in the comfort of oneâ€™s home. Some orthopedic specialist may suggest higher doses of medications or surgical treatments when these non-surgical treatments do not work. A hip replacement surgery may be the last option for most men and women because it entails being under general anesthesia and is a major surgical procedure. However, hip replacement operations are considered to be one of the most common orthopedic procedures routinely done in hospitals and are mostly successful. Still, the growing numbers of failed hip implants that are reported are enough for patients to ask for a DePuy hip recall.
The author of this article informs the public about the ways to manage hip pain and hip implants. The DePuy Hip Recall News Center at depuyhiprecallnewscenter.com may be able to give additional information of the negative effects of hip implants.
This article is copyright free.