Kolkata is a city having the right mixture of modernism and yonder years that have grown together hand in hand. In the Kolkata metropolitan area, the literacy rate is more than 88 percent, which has in fact lead to its development in all spheres of different businesses. In particular, the IT sector, being one of the key economic drivers. Therefore, these are very important and decisive reasons for investing in the residential projects in Kolkata and Real Estate Kolkata.
Investing in property in Kolkata has many reasons as discussed below:
Connectivity is one important characteristic of infrastructure and Kolkata, a well-connected city with:
• The Port of Kolkata, the one and only major-river port of India where, The Shipping Corporation of India manages the freight services.
• Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport keeps Kolkata connected to other national and international cities.
• The Golden Quadrilateral, the largest highway project in India keeps Kolkata city connected with other big cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Chennai.
• The two most important railway stations are Howrah and Sealdah that connect Kolkata to other parts of the country. Additionally, the Circular Rail System surrounds the entire Kolkata.
• The National Highway 34 runs through Kolkata for the length of about 261.5 kms.
• The Kolkata Metro railway System is India’s only and oldest underground transport system running for approximately 25.135 kms.
• The one and only, Kolkata Tram Network system is under administration of the Calcutta Tramways Company.
Infrastructure development in Kolkata began with the emergence of the industrial sector. Later, the flooding investments brought with it another big spurt in the development of infrastructure in Kolkata. Several hotels and shopping malls followed and established making Kolkata is one of an infrastructural phenomenon. The growing infrastructure welcomed influx of healthcare facilities in form of 48 government hospitals and more than 300 private hospitals. Education sector is also highly developed with hundreds of schools and colleges and best education system.
The Real Estate Market in Kolkata
The Kolkata real estate market has been growing due to the transportation projects like the metro rail has increased the demand for Kolkata properties with majorly the young upcoming IT professionals in various residential projects in Kolkata and Real Estate Kolkata.
Kolkata, a well-known city of deep-rooted culture, Durga Puja, and Rabindra Sangeet also makes it an attractive city for investing in the property there. The Kolkata Municipal Corporation or KMC manages the infrastructure in Kolkata, while in the metropolitan areas of the city, Kolkata Metropolitan Development Authority or KMDA manages it.
This article is penned by Nora who is a real estate agent and has worked in the real estate market for 8 years now. She often chooses to write about property investment. Ruchi Realty is a real estate company based in Indore and is coming up with the most exciting real estate Kolkata projects. Ruchi Realty presents Active Greens the premium flats in Kolkata offering from the group. Two stunning residential towers with blue pool, green gardens and a great life.